COVID-19 Update - Limited Facility Access
Effective March 24, 2020. In keeping with our Core Values, the first of which is the Golden Rule, it is our responsibility to one another and to the broader communities we serve to minimize the transition of this highly contagious virus. As your Funeral Service provider, we are committed to ensuring you receive uninterrupted service and we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time.
Serenity remains committed to keeping our clients, families, and community safe. Effective March 24, 2020, we will transition to limited access of our business office, lobbies, funeral home, and cemeteries in response to concerns about the spread of COVID-19.
Rest assured, we are open for business and are well-prepared to continue serving you.
While we are maintaining our regular operations, access to our facilities will be limited. We ask that our clients please do the following:
· Should the need to conduct business at our office arise, we continue to offer personal service. Prior to arriving at our facility, simply call (251) 653-4781 and an associate will guide you through completing your transaction. If you need access to our facility, they can walk you through that as well.
· If you have questions on how to complete a remote payment on your account, please contact our Business Office at (251) 653-4781.
· When visiting the office, please follow the CDC guidelines for social distancing. Our staff will assist you with completing in-person transactions. Meetings with our clients will be conducted via teleconference over the coming weeks. Should you have the need to meet in person, please call for an appointment.
· As always, a Funeral Director, Family Service Counselor is available to answer any questions or handle any need. Office numbers can be found on our Website at www.serenityfuneralhome.com
· Ongoing Communication
The local and national guidance is rapidly changing, and we will continue to communicate with you as the situation evolves. Please visit our website, serenityfuneralhome.com for the most up-to-date information from Serenity. As always, we are available to assist you via phone at (251) 653-4781.
SERENITY’S RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS
Effective March 23, 2020. Serenity is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for our valued staff and helping the community we serve to do the same. We have been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak according to the guidelines and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH).
We want to share with you the actions we are taking to help protect our staff and the families we serve.
Our staff has been trained to follow the public health authorities’ guidance regarding hygiene and personal travel, and we’ve reinforced existing policy encouraging staff who exhibit flu-like symptoms to stay home and consult with a medical professional. We have also posted signage on doors and within our locations advising visitors to make responsible decisions about attending services in person if they feel symptomatic.
· We want you to know that we are open and available to help you and that we still respond to calls when a death occurs.
· We can make arrangements by phone if that makes you more comfortable.
· We have increased our public and workspace sanitation schedule and frequency to adhere to infection and prevention control guidelines outlined by the CDC & ADPH.
· We are limiting the number of friends and family attending a service to 10 people.
· Guests who are unable to attend services in-person may leave a message for a loved one via our online “Guestbook” which is available on our website: www.serenityfuneralhome.com/obituaries. Search for your loved ones name, click the obituary and select “Guestbook.”
· We are staggering funeral services times so services don’t overlap.
· Beginning Tuesday, March 24, we will offer free live streaming services, if travel or other concerns prevent anyone from being able to attend services.
We appreciate the trust that you place in us. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and take actions necessary to help keep our staff and our community safe while providing the services you need during this difficult time.