Serenity Memorial Garden and Lawn Haven Memorial Garden
Floral and Memorial Decoration Policy
Effective March 20, 2013
2. All arrangements are to be in approved metal containers of approved size and design as approved by the cemetery superintendent.
Any Non-floral stand-alone decorations will be removed. These items include but are not limited to ceramics, potted plants, fences (wire, stone, plastic, etc.), balloons, glass, baskets, shells, toys, rocks and stones, metal designs, ornaments, photos, picture frames, items made of wood or iron and no containers containing alcohol.
3. Floral arrangements and wreaths may contain decorations made of non-plant materials only as apart of the arrangement or wreath. Flowers placed at the time of burial may remain for a reasonable time as affected by appearance and safety. Floral arrangements in approved containers placed during special occasions will be allowed to remain for five days or at the discretion of the cemetery superintendent.
4. No glue, wire, tape, or attachment of any decorations, of any kind is allowed on monuments. Monuments may not be painted and there are to be no additional monuments other than headstones.
5. The cemetery grounds keepers may, at their discretion remove any item considered a mowing or safety hazard.
6. There will be a Spring and Fall cemetery clean-up when all non-permanent memorial items will be removed and discarded.
7. The cemetery is not responsible for any damage per the policies set forth in the Rules and Regulations of Serenity and Lawn Haven Cemeteries are available from the cemetery office.
8. Policy as outlined above apply inside a mausoleum or columbarium and include that all decorations must be displayed on the stands or tables provided. Do not place items on the marble floors or carpet or attach them to crypt doors.
All issues regarding this policy may be addressed in writing to the Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors of the SLG Group Inc., Post Office Drawer 190009, Mobile, AL 36619.
Everything you need to know about funeral and cemeteries.
How to truly support yourself and others at a time of grief.
Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your cemetery experience.
Local resources for all your support and planning needs.